BOOTHE Frequently Asked Questions
- What happened to Dr. Boothe? After practicing in the DFW metroplex and reportedly performing over 150,000 LASIK, Dr. Boothe and his wife felt it was time for him to retire. Effective May 1st, 2015, he closed his practice, Boothe Eye Care and Laser Center. His decision was voluntary.
- Did LaserCare Eye Center buy Dr. Boothe’s practice? No. LaserCare Eye Center is merely the Custodian of Medical Records and did not buy Dr. Boothe’s practice. This is a common arrangement when a Doctor retires.
- Will LaserCare Eye Center be taking over the post-op care of Boothe patients? LaserCare Eye Center is an independent Ophthalmology practice providing LASIK, Cataract Surgery and General Eye Care. Boothe patients, who wish to be seen in our practice, must join our practice as New Patients. Furthermore, payment is required at the time services are provided. For a limited time, we are offering discounts for select Boothe patients. Please call xx for more details.
- How do I get a copy of my Medical Record? Upon his retirement, Dr. Boothe provided LaserCare Eye Center with medical records for patients evaluated in his office between May 1st, 2008 and May 1st, 2015. All medical records outside these dates have been destroyed in accordance to Texas law. Please click here for more details on our Medical Record Retention policy. We charge a $25 medical records release fee.
- I just had a LASIK enhancement by Dr. Boothe in 2015. We would be happy to see you as a new patient in our practice. Please call 214 574-9600 to make an appointment. Please be advised that payment will be required at the time of any medical services being provided.
- I am a Boothe Lifetime warranty patient. The Boothe Lifetime warranty was only valid during the life of the patient, Dr. Boothe and/or his practice. Dr. Boothe’s practice closed on May 1st, 2015 and thus these warranties are void. As a courtesy, LaserCare Eye Center is offering discounts for select Boothe patients. Please call 214 574-9600 for more details.